Thursday 5 May 2011

Elusive Elevation


Installation in white room 5 meters by 8 meters using hemp
closet 1.75 meters wide by 1.66 meters high. Gold knitted
skull and stretched black wool in closet and from walls to
floor.

Spacial awareness and use of objects to create an installation inspire me to explore my feelings previously related to items in their intentional state and readdress them either in a site specific area  and alter their
original context. My intention is to use the material, wool in my work and reproduce a dynamic representation
of how intervention can excite the viewer and enhance a new thought-provoking situation.
The web Link above, gives me a sense of Louise Bourgeois's Cell series. Maybe, it is the colour used, being
black and beige, in addition to the intention of this piece, which suggests a confrontation with one's life, with inferences of 'loss' or maybe suffering.The closet denotes a reflection of me being there,procuring a rebounding response of my being; like a confrontation with myself. The spider-web of black wool, suggest an eerie response to my 'reckoning'. The  pale gold sprayed knitted skull lying on the cold,barren floor again support some likeness to Bourgeois's  Oedipus work. It echoes similarities in that it is tactile like hers,but her work uses fabric material and I use hand-knitted wool material. The installation using black wool gives a blatant contrast to the white room's colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment